For Immediate Release
January 25, 2018
Chief of Communications & Marketing
ASPA Announces Conference Plenary Line-Up
– The American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) will host its 79th Annual Conference, March 9-13, 2018 in Denver. The organization has announced its five plenary speakers, chosen for the unique ways in which they embody this year's conference theme, Mission Focused and Service First: Creating Innovative Solutions
This year's line-up will include:
- Opening Plenary: Valerie Lemmie (Kettering Foundation)
- Elliot Richardson Lecture: P.K. Agarwal (Northeastern University and former chief technology officer of California)
- Nesta M. Gallas Lecture: Walter Shaub (Campaign Legal Center and former director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics)
- Donald C. Stone Lecture: Tina Nabatchi (Syracuse University, Maxwell School)
- Closing Plenary: Jane Pisano (University of Southern California, Sol Price School)
Attendees will also hear welcome remarks from Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock during the Opening Plenary.
Each lecturer will speak to important issues in public administration, from technology to city innovation, from ethics to citizen engagement. Reflecting their careers, public service, research and leadership roles, all have made meaningful contributions to the field and will add to attendees’ understanding of the discipline.
“This year’s conference, focusing on mission, service and innovation, looks to provide public administrators with the perspectives they need to advance excellence in public service,” stated ASPA chief of communications Karen Garrett. “Plenaries, presidential panelists, panel presentations, symposia and more will all provide attendees with the most current knowledge the discipline can provide, enabling them to serve the public, produce forward-thinking research and focus on best practices. We are thrilled to have these outstanding plenary lecturers contribute to this program, enhancing our attendees’ experiences.”
More information is available at www.aspanet.org/conference2018
ASPA is the leading interdisciplinary public service organization that advances the art, science, teaching and practice of public and nonprofit administration. Learn more at www.aspanet.org