ASPA is Hiring!
Position: Membership Coordinator
The American Society for Public Administration—the leading interdisciplinary public service professional organization—is seeking a detail-oriented and creative Membership Coordinator. The coordinator is the organization’s primary representative to our 7,500 members, including public servants working at every level of government; university deans, chairs and professors; and students.
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for the effective management and execution of ASPA’s membership renewal, retention and recruitment activities. The position relies on successful relationship building with current and prospective members and requires extensive interpersonal communication and exceptional written and verbal communications and organizational skills. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Implement membership campaigns, projects and initiatives in collaboration with executive staff.
- Assist in developing recruitment strategies, maintain a timeline of activities and execute them with measurable results.
- Oversee a high quality experience for members in their first year of membership; facilitate opportunities that increase their knowledge of and engagement with ASPA.
- Execute membership operations, including dues payments and processing, member eligibility and benefits, membership categories, member relations and service delivery.
- Update membership records, perform data quality control and prepare membership reports for ASPA leadership.
- Routinely review and edit print and electronic membership materials for effectiveness and accuracy.
- Bring creative ideas to the table for developing membership materials.
- Represent the society at public service events (occasional travel required).
- Respond promptly and effectively to membership inquiries and requests for assistance.
Successful applicants possess the following qualifications:
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and database platforms; knowledge of iMIS 20 a plus
- General technology skills, including online email platforms and related software proficiency
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Impeccable writing and verbal communications skills tailored to diverse audiences
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with nonprofit, preferably membership-driven, organizations
A Bachelor’s degree is required; experience working in a membership capacity strongly preferred. A strong commitment to public service is a must.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter, salary requirements, resume and a writing sample to Phillip Carlisle, 1730 Rhode Island Ave., NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036 or email@example.com
. No phone calls, please.