2017 ZSPA Certified Public Manager Orientation Workshop
Dates: Nov. 22- 23, 2017
Location: Radisson Blu, Lusaka
Registration Rate: K1,500
The Zambia Society for Public Administration, in association with University of the Virgin Islands Institute for Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness (ILOE), will be offering a Certified Public Manager Program in Zambia.
The Certified Public Manager (CPM) is a U.S. professional designation established in 1979 for the purpose of improving performance and advancing best practice standards for public sector managers. It is a comprehensive management development program based upon a selected set of competencies. The CPM is awarded upon completion of a CPM program accredited by the National Certified Public Manager Consortium.
The National Certified Public Manager Consortium, formed in 1979, establishes and preserves standards for the Certified Public Manager designation by providing and monitoring accreditation standards, facilitating program development, encouraging innovation and developing linkages with programs and organizations across the US and internationally.
Those earning the Certified Public Manager designation are eligible to become a member of the American Academy of Certified Public Managers, a national professional organization supporting public managers.
The orientation program will promote the importance of the CPM program to public managers and individuals that are interested in improving their performance in the public sector. It has also been organized to introduce requirements of the program; meet cohort participants; assess and reflect on personal growth opportunities; engage and learn about personal style and general learning styles; conduct a self-assessment related to the national CPM competencies; and discuss system theory and application to the workplace.
The objective of the program is to introduce the program and its importance to public sector development. The CPM program is meant to;
Find more information online here.
- Enhance personal leadership strengths for both your work life and personal life.
- Broaden intergovernmental networks and communication.
- Increase personal awareness and effectiveness.
- Become a leader in promotion of quality in public services.
- Take advantage of competency based learning that can take back to work with you the next day and apply.
- Successful graduates are eligible for membership in the American Academy of Certified Public Managers.
- Use in succession planning to fill upcoming vacancies.
- Take this opportunity to focus on a long term agency project.
- Use this program as part of an employee development and mentoring plan.
- Champion a capstone project that improves effectiveness, efficiency or saves money.
- Implement nationally recognized process improvement theory and practice endorsed in industry and government.