Section on Democracy and Social Justice Best Article Award 2019: Call for Nominations
The Section for Democracy and Social Justice (DSJ) is seeking nominations for an Article of the Year Award, which will be presented at ASPA's 2019 Annual Conference.
To be eligible for the award:
- At least 1 (one) author must be a current and paid member of DSJ.
- The research article must address a significant issue related to democracy, social equity/justice, and make a significant contribution to advancing this field of study.
- Book chapters, book reviews, standalone case studies, and editorials are not eligible.
- The article must be written or translated/republished in English.
- An article can be nominated by its author(s), publisher, editor, a member of DSJ, or by a member of ASPA who is not part of DSJ.
- The article must be published between 11/01/2017 and 11/15/2018. iFirst publications are acceptable, but electronic publications are not.
- The article must be published in a scholarly, peer-reviewed journal. Articles that appear in journals that require payment for publication will not be considered.
- Nominated articles must only be submitted for consideration for the DSJ award. Articles submitted for other ASPA-related awards will not be considered.
Author(s) of the selected article will be honored during the Gloria Hobson Nordin Social Equity Award Luncheon at the 2019 ASPA Annual Conference in Washington, DC The awards will be:
1) a paid seat at the luncheon (Registration to the ASPA conference must be paid by the awardee); and
2) a plaque.
To nominate an article, please do all of the following:
- Write a nomination letter of no more than 500 words that:
- Indicates how the article contributes to a better understanding of democracy and social justice/equity.
- Discuses the strengths of the article in terms of the clarity of its message, the relevance of the arguments/findings, and its promotion of action to further the calls of social justice
- Send PDFs of the nomination letter as well as of the article to the Awards Committee at [email protected]. A
All submissions are due by Nov. 16, 2018. Decisions will be announced to the author(s) by 12/15/2018 by the Chair of the DSJ Section, Hugo Renderos.