The American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) Section for Women in Public Administration (SWPA) annually awards up to three $500.00 scholarships (Practitioner, Master’s and Ph.D.) to help defray the costs associated with attending ASPA's Annual Conference. In addition to completing and submitting the SWPA Scholarship application form
, applicants must also submit a cover letter, vita or resume and two letters of nomination/recommendation from relevant faculty, supervisors/managers or ASPA Chapter or Section officers.
The deadline for receiving all application materials is Dec. 1, 2017. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
All applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible for full consideration:
- Applicant must be a full-time practitioner in public service, or a student enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral degree program in Public Administration/Public Policy/Public Affairs or a closely related field
- Applicant must be a member of ASPA and SWPA
- Applicant must be willing to become an active member of SWPA
- Application must include a complete application form, a cover letter, a vita or resume and two letters of nomination. The application form, cover letter and vita or resume must be submitted by email as a single PDF document
- The nomination letters must be sent by nominators separately via email. The letter must include the nominator’s signature
- The cover letter should demonstrate, with a strong narrative, a keen interest in a career public administration, and addresses how diversity/gender issues impact the professional choices and decisions of practitioner applicants or impact the research agendas of student applicants
- Practitioner applicant’s annual salary must not exceed $50,000
Scholarship recipients must attend ASPA’s 2018 Conference
, participate in the SWPA Meeting and Professional Development Workshop and attend the SWPA Breakfast. They are also expected to assist at the SWPA booth at the conference.
The deadline for receiving completed applications is Dec. 1, 2017.
Please submit your application materials to Dr. Karina Moreno via email: Karina.Moreno@liu.edu
Questions should be addressed to Dr. Nicole Rishel Elias: email@example.com
Click here to access the application form.