10th Annual ASPA/Pi Alpha Alpha National Capstone Panel
ASPA Capstone Panel Awards Call for Proposals:
At the April 2020 ASPA National Conference in Anaheim, California, five ASPA Sections and NASPAA’s National Pi Alpha Alpha honor society will sponsor the 10th Annual ASPA/Pi Alpha Alpha National Capstone panel. We are announcing a call for paper and presentation proposals by students and faculty mentors. The sponsoring Sections will award five selected capstone presentations with a $500 stipend to defray student expenses. In case of group created capstones, the scholarship will be offered to one author, other co authors are welcome to attend at their own expense.
Throughout the past nine years, this initiative has showcased how schools of public administration effectively integrate theory and practice through the capstone pedagogy. In light of the Trump administration’s systematic attacks on the administrative state, best practices and public administration, there has never been a more urgent time to nurture and recognize the work of public administration graduates.
The overall purpose of the panel is:
- To examine and analyze MPA capstone projects bringing innovation to the public and nonprofit sectors
- To ascertain and analyze how capstone projects and project design improve and augment best practices in the public and nonprofit sectors and
- To analyze projects that are preparing the next generation of public and nonprofit leaders
Particular attention shall be given to research that addresses the impact of Trump era policies and executive behavior that threaten longstanding policies and practices in social welfare, civil rights, health care and other public policy issues within the purview of public administration.
The selection committee will use the following criteria to award stipends:
- Contribution to the existing literature and topical relevance
- Originality of content
- Writing quality and clarity
- Quality of reference sources to support the problem statement
- Scope and quality of the review of literature
- Major research question(s) identified
- Research variables, measures and hypotheses
- Research methodology (including quantitative and qualitative design)
- Effectiveness of data collection that leads to a plan of action
Please send your proposal by October 1, 2019 to Bok Jeong , Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Public Administration, Kean University (email: firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Zeeshan Noor, Ph.D. student, Public and Nonprofit Management program, The University of Texas at Dallas, (email: email@example.com