Headed into its 15th year, ASPA's Founders' Fellows program supports the next generation of public service leaders through a series of professional development opportunities. The Fellows attend and present at the Annual Conference on a subject matter paper on an issue related to their scholarship or work, which is also published in PA TIMES Online
if they wish.
Open to graduate students as well as new professionals in the first three years of their public service career, this program is geared toward accelerating careers of promising, rising stars in the discipline. This is ASPA's most competitive Fellowship program of the year and provides results that could last throughout your career.
"The Founders' Fellows experience has given me an unrivaled
opportunity to build strong relationships in public administration. Our
diverse backgrounds paved the way for a beneficial dialogue and
outstanding exchange of ideas."
- Ana-Maria Dimand, Florida International University, 2018 Founders' Fellow and 2019-2020 ASPA Student Representative
2021 Founders' Fellows Program
ASPA is pleased to announce we have launched the Call for Nominations for the Class of 2021 Founders' Fellows. Click here to access the nomination form
. Benefits of the program include:
- Guaranteed acceptance to present their research as a part of ASPA's 2021 Annual Conference, including complimentary registration
- A year-long mentorship with a senior mentor in the discipline, matched with their Fellow, based on academic and professional interests
- Tailored professional development webinars that address their specific educational and professional needs
For those interested in submitting an application form, you will need:
- Contact information and relevant biographical details
- An outline of career and research interests
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- An analytical essay (details are provided within the application form)
- A letter of recommendation from your nominator
Note the recommendation letter will need to be submitted as part of your nomination package. ASPA cannot accept independently submitted letters or forms. Nominators, please make sure you provide your letter directly to the applicant to ensure it is submitted properly.
Support the Founders' Fellows Program
Are you or your university interested in supporting this year's class of Founders' Fellows? Contact us to find out more!
"I think the program is an excellent way to link practitioners and academics, which I feel is one of the most important aspects of ASPA."
- Peter Federman, University of Kansas, 2015 Founders' Fellow